Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Apple Cider Donuts

This morning because it's Halloween and because it's really cool outside I decided to try my hand at making baked donuts.
You will need a donut pan to make these little jewels. I bought 2 pans, each makes 6 donuts, at Target for $12 each...yes I will have to make a lot of donuts to pay for the pan. At least this way I will know that one they are baked and two I know what is in them.
 Recipe:

 2 cups flour
 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
 1 tsp baking soda
 1 tsp salt
 1/4 tsp nutmeg
 1/4 tsp allspice
 1/2 tsp cinnamon
 1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup applesauce
 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla

 Mix all the dry ingredients and then add the wet and mix well. Use a small spoon to put the batter in the well sprayed pans(Pam) Bake in a 325 oven for 8 to 10 min. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack. When cool you can use the following glaze to dip the donuts in...I did the top side only.

 Glaze:
 2 Tbsps apple cider
 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
 1/4 tsp allspice

 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment